geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "johnxmas" <johnx...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Re: Yet another ActivationSpec NotFound Problem
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:09:40 GMT
>On Mar 8, 2006, at 7:48 AM, johnxmas wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I deploy an Inbound Resource Adapter at server level (and, no I
>> don't want to include it in my ear). This RA
>> have all is classes in a jar (including the infamous
>> ActivationSpec :-D)
>>
>> I deploy an EAR with a message-driven bean. And bingo, at
>> deployment time
>>
>> [************************> ] 93%  25s  Loading
>> scortInboundCustListMdb16:14:53,2
>> 99 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in
>> the FAILED s
>> tate:
>> objectName="geronimo.server:EJBModule=inboundCustListMdb.jar,J2EEAppli
>> cati
>> on=scortInboundCustListMdb,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JCAActivationS
>> pec,name=S
>> cortInboundCustListMdb"
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> com.scort.inbound.jca.socket.impl.SocketActiva
>> tionSpec
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199)
>>

>> I expected the Resource Adapter class loader to be a  parent of the
>> EAR class loader !
>
>What did you do to make this be the case?

I didn't do anything. I just assumed that  that, in the openebj-jar.xml, the parentId or the
resource-link element,
where there to do the trick

Assuming you are using
>geronimo 1.0 or trunk/head, your ra plan should have something like
>this:
>
><..... configId="myGroupId/myJCAAdapter/1.0/car"....>
>
>and the ear should include up before the dependencies (IIRC)
>
><import>
>   <groupId>myGroupId</groupId>
>   <type>car</type>
>   <artifactId>myJCAAdapter</artifactId>
>   <version>1.0</version>
></import>
>
>This specifies that one of the parent classloaders of the ear is the
>classloader of the deployed jca adapter.

Sorry to insist, but there are informations I miss. I deploy my Adapter by dropping the archive
in the deploy
directory, putting nothing in the repository dir.

So,
What is my groupId ? What is car ?
In which file for the ear must I specifiy the import element and how do I specify dependencies
?

Very basic questions indeed, but I'm quite lost.

Thanks for your answer...

Jean-Noël