geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "VARIN, FRANCIS A." <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject Configurint Geronimo to use DB2
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:36:56 GMT

We are in the process of trying to configure Geronimo to access DB2 as
the database manager of choice. We currently have this mechanism
functioning properly using WSAD and WAS. We are trying to migrate over
to using Eclipse and Geronimo as a development environment. We are
running into issues with trying to get Geronimo to configure the
datasource for DB2. We have reviewed and attempted the following
tutorials.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ag-jdbc/

http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Configu
ring+DB2+Datasource

Here is a sample datasource that we are trying to use:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"

  version="1.5"

  configId="WebDataSources"

  parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server">

<dependency>

  <uri>

    db2/jars/db2java.zip

  </uri>

</dependency>

<resourceadapter>

  <outbound-resourceadapter>

    <connection-definition>

      <connectionfactory-interface>

        javax.sql.DataSource

      </connectionfactory-interface>

      <connectiondefinition-instance>

        <name>MakeModel</name>

        <config-property-setting name="USERID">

          ecom1

        </config-property-setting>

        <config-property-setting name="PASSWORD">

          ecom1

        </config-property-setting>

        <config-property-setting name="Driver">

          COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

        </config-property-setting>

        <config-property-setting name="ConnectionURL">

           jdbc:db2:VINDB

        </config-property-setting>

        <config-property-setting name="CommitBeforeAutocommit">

           false

        </config-property-setting>

        <config-property-setting name="ExceptionSorterClass">

           org.tranql.connector.NoExceptionsAreFatalSorter

        </config-property-setting>

        <connectionmanager>

          <local-transaction/>

          <single-pool>

             <max-size>10</max-size>

             <min-size>0</min-size>

             <blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

                5000

              </blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

              <idle-timeout-minutes>

                30

              </idle-timeout-minutes>

              <match-one/>

          </single-pool>

        </connectionmanager>

        <global-jndi-name>

          VINDB

        </global-jndi-name>

      </connectiondefinition-instance>

    </connection-definition>

  </outbound-resourceadapter>

</resourceadapter>

</connector>

When we try to use the deploy tool we get the following response:

C:\Program Files\Geronimo\geronimo-1.0>java -jar bin\deployer.jar
db2-plan.xml repository\tranql\rars\tranql-connector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.rar

    Error: No such command: 'db2-plan.xml'

What would be really helpful is if anyone has successfully integrated
Geronimo and DB2 to share their experiences and/or configuration we
really would appreciate any help we can get here. We need to get by this
issue but, are running out of things to try.

Francis A. Varin, M.S.
IT Architect II
Corporate Information Systems
Amica Mutual Insurance Company