geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Olivier Voutat" <olivier.vou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message-Driven-Bean (JBoss to Geronimo)
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:41:22 GMT
Thank you very much for your answers Aaron and Hernan.

I think I'm in the right road to get it running but I have some extras
questions. You see, I'm using eclipse with wtp and the geronimo plugin and
when I create a message driven bean with it, I get a base ejb-jar.xml and a
naked openejb-jar.xml.

First, I'm trying to do a Topic Message Driven Bean. (Sounds stupid but I
didn't really get which is the difference). Second, when I create it, I get
in the ejb-jar.xml this model:

<message-driven id="MessageDriven_1">
         <description><![CDATA[<!-- begin-xdoclet-definition
-->]]></description>

         <ejb-name>Log</ejb-name>

         <ejb-class>br.cefetrn.LogMdb</ejb-class>

         <messaging-type>javax.jms.MessageListener</messaging-type>
         <message-destination-type>javax.jms.Topic
</message-destination-type>
         <activation-config>
           <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>
             <activation-config-property-value>javax.jms.Topic
</activation-config-property-value>
           </activation-config-property>
           <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>acknowledgeMode</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>Auto-acknowledge</activation-config-property-value>
           </activation-config-property>
           <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>subscriptionDurability</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>NonDurable</activation-config-property-value>
           </activation-config-property>
         </activation-config>

      </message-driven>

So, as you can see, I don't have a destination, only a destinationType.

And beeing aware that I can be considered as a big fool, what is this
ResourceAdapterName ? The only thing that I have in my config related to JMS
is the DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory (on my JMS service)
ActiveMQ (on my JMS Server Manager)

Sorry to all who really think that those are silly questions, but I'm really
a big noobie... :)

Best Regards,
Olivier Voutat

--