geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User Feedback Request -- this means you!
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:19:54 GMT
Theres are lots of planned improvements coming... The biggest I think
from a user experience is being able to run resources directly from
the workspace, so the ear isn't built and re-packaged on every
publish.  Also, the plugin is built using the Generic Server
Framework which restricts some of the stuff we can do, so a good
chunk of it will be re-written to move away from this in order to
have more control over the runtime/server wizards, publish process,
and server management.  Finally, we'll need to continue to build up
the UI so we have a complete set of "form editors" for the G
deployment plans.  This is the basis of what we need and which
afterwards we can start getting really fancy with the power of EMF...
like the ability to see changes reflected live in something like the
Common Navigator as you modify your plans and full synchronization
between the source view and views using the model, copy/paste, undo/
redo support.

Theres also plans in WTP to improve the Server Tools Framework to
make it easier to have more control over what defines your runtime.

Is there anything other then this you had in mind?

- sachin