I have an EAR file with a web app and an EJB jar. I've been deploying it with an external deployment plan that has a Datasource defined in it as well as the info for the web app and the EJB. I'm trying to change it to use the internal deployment plans so I can Hot Deploy it. I created a geronimo-web.xml, openejb-jar.xml and a geronimo-application.xml. My application plan has the Datasource def  like this
<application ....>
Both Hot Deploy and command line deploy are barfing at the Datasource definition. Here's part of the error

       Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: cvc-complex-type.2.4b:
   Element not allowed:
   dependency@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0 in
   error: cvc-complex-type.2.4b: Element not allowed:
   in element
   error: cvc-complex-type.2.4c: Expected elements
   before the end of the content in element

   Descriptor: <xml-fragment application-name="WebBankEAR"
   xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1 "
   xmlns:app=" http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0">

If I  deploy the Datasource separately and change the geromino-application.xml to this
<application ....../>
it works as expected.
My question is that if I have a Datasource and use the internal plans do I have to put everything in geronimo-application.xml or is there a way to have the Datasource in geronimo-application.xml and separate plans ( i.e. geronimo-web.xml, openejb-jar.xml) for everything else ?