geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ys...@symcor.com
Subject File paths within the EAR file
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:52:53 GMT
The hot deployment is excellent for the automation of the deployment.  But
we ran into the problem of inability to specify the file path of the
property files.

We have the file path information in the web.xml as shown below

<servlet id="Servlet_6">
         <servlet-name>initialize</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.web.someaction.InitializeServlet</servlet-class>
          <init-param id="InitParam_i1">
            <param-name>config</param-name>
            <param-value>/opt/geronimo-1.0
/deploy/some.ear/someweb.war/WEB-INF/classes/quartz.properties</param-value>
         </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
      </servlet>

Of course, geronimo will complain that it is not a directory.  Then we
cannot predict the numeric directory name under /opt/geronimo-1.0
/config-store  For the subsequent deployment, we know where the some.ear
will be expanded into.  Would I have to deploy the application once for the
first time just to know the /opt/geronimo-1.0/config-store/${NUMBER}?  Or
is there any other way around this?

Many thanks again in advance.

Young