geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remotely deploy application within eclipse
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:56:39 GMT
Yes it is supported.  I think your confusion lies in the WTP concept
of runtimes and servers.  The same concepts are applicable across all
servers, and this concept is nothing new Geronimo is introducing.
Runtimes are applied to projects which apply a JRE and a Classpath
Container that is targeted for a specific type and version of a
server.  Servers are what a given project containing a given runtime
deploy to. For most, if not all server types, defining a server
requires you to define a runtime as well, regardless if your server
is a local or remote server.  A remote server cannot be started from
within the adapter, but its state is automatically monitored and
synchronized (STOPPED, STARTING, STARTED), and in order to accomplish
this a local runtime is needed.

So if you want to deploy to a remote server, simply open the server
editor and modify the hostname.  If the server is already started,
wait a few seconds and the server state will update and you will be
ready to deploy as normal.  If stopped, then manually the start the
server and the server state in the servers view will update accordingly.

- sachin