geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hot Deploy?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:28:37 GMT

On Feb 7, 2006, at 11:24 AM, Gary Karasiuk wrote:

> I also was seeing what I suspect is a memory leak. The working set
> went up 3MB on every deploy.
>
> BTW, Even a single WAR can be quite big. I've seen lots of
> customers with WARs > 100 MB. That is a lot of bytes to move, when
> you are only changing a couple of classes.

I deployed/undeployed DayTrader 100's of times and didn't see
unbounded memory growth. There was bounded memory growth due to some
ThreadLocal references that "temporarily" kept deployment artifacts
alive. If you have something that's unbounded, easily reproducible,
and sharable, I can take a look at it... It's possible that you have
scenarios which werent' tested or new problems were introduced prior
to release...

--kevan