geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using Firebird through Jaybird in a JEE application in Geronimo
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:55:35 GMT

On Feb 16, 2006, at 6:22 PM, Olivier Voutat wrote:

> I'm not getting how to install the driver to make this one
> avaliable to my applications in Geronimo. Tried many ways, and
> can't find a way that makes it works. Didn't find any documents
> about it neither.
>
> Can somebody help me about it ?

I tried deploying the latest rar from the downloads, but it has a
problem in ra.xml (see firebird issue 1433327).  I fixed the problem
in firebird cvs, so if you build the rar yourself it will work.
(I'll also send you a copy privately).  If you want to use something
closer to the current release, you need to change in ra.xml

       <credential-
interface>javax.resource.security.PasswordCredential</credential-
interface>
       <credential-
interface>javax.resource.spi.security.PasswordCredential</credential-
interface>

and repack the rar.

Anyway, after obtaining a correct rar, you can modify the plan I will
also send privately to suit your environment and deploy to a running
server using

java -jar target/geronimo-1.1-SNAPSHOT/bin/deployer.jar --user system
--password manager deploy jaybird-2.1.0.rar jaybird-plan.xml

This deployed OK for me but I don't have a firebird installation
handy so I don't know if there are other problems.  Please let me
know of your progress, I would like there to be a wiki page on using
firebird/jaybird with Geronimo.

If anyone else would like a copy of the plan I can perhaps get
started on the wiki page and attach it there.

thanks
david jencks