geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: question about the port number Geronimo is using
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:10:04 GMT
Most of the ports are listed during the normal startup sequence, with
at least a brief description of what component is listening on them.
There are a couple that are dynamically bound and not listed there
correctly -- there's a JIRA for this (but it shouldn't affect trying
to run with another app server since they pick an available port at
runtime).  The most accurate option is of course to run netstat.  :)

If there are any port numbers where you can't tell what's really
listening from the description at stratup, feel free to list them and
we can describe.

As far as changing ports goes, the easiest option is to search and
replace on the port number in var/config/config.xml.  Some of the
ports (in particular the web container ports) can be changed in the
admin console, but many of them are not editable in the console yet.

Thanks,
    Aaron