geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Deploy plan problem
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:03:56 GMT
For what it's worth, we've put in a fix to at least give a more
intelligent error when it's unable to parse the dependency URI, so
that'll be in the next release.

In the mean time, if your file is:

repository/foo/jars/bar-1.2.3.jar

Then the dependency URI should be "foo/bar/1.2.3" or
"foo/bar/1.2.3/jar" -- so there should be either 3 or 4 parts
separated by slashes.  The last part is currently optional and
defaults to "jar".

To give another example, if the file was
repository/foo/rars/bar-2.3.4.rar then the URI would be
foo/bar/2.3.4/rar and the 4th component would not be optional since
it's not the default value of "jar".

If you just have an arbitrary JAR file such as mysql-jdbc-1.2.3.jar
that you want to put in the repository, then you should create the
structure repository/mysql/jars or repository/mysql-jdbc/jars and put
the JAR in that directory and then use the URI syntax as described
above.

Thanks,
    Aaron