geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Subscribe: Geronimo JNDI problem
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:50:18 GMT
It's hard to understand how the resulting home object could be null.
You should get a NamingException if the object is not present in JNDI.
 However, people have reported problems with PortableRemoteObject when
running on JDK's other than Sun 1.4.2, so perhaps you should just try:

ChiselGatewayHome home = (ChiselGatewayHome)new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/ChiselGateway");
System.out.println("Home is "+home);

That should work from a web component such as a servlet or JSP, with
the web.xml settings you showed above.

If it still doesn't work, try undeploying or redeploying the
application and make sure you don't get a bunch of errors saying
something like "object should be stopped before die is called" (which
indicates that parts of the application never started, possibly due to
a bad reference or missing import or something like that).

Thanks,
    Aaron

P.S. Note that the jndi-name specified in openejb-jar.xml is *only*
used for application clients.  You might as well leave it out if
you're only going to be accessing the EJB from the web application --
it won't hurt and it might be less confusing.