geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Dynamic Query
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:42:51 GMT
Hi Phani,

In a first step, we will add support for standard EJBQL statements. The
current impl. is as follows:

* in the vendor specific deployment descriptor, a specific GBean is
bound to the ENC. This looks like this:
            <gbean-ref>
                <ref-name>cmp/QueryManager</ref-name>
                <ref-type>ModuleCmpEngine</ref-type>
                <gbean-locator>

<application>geronimo/daytrader-derby-jetty/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car</application>
                    <module>daytrader-ejb-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar</module>
                    <type>EJBModule</type>
                    <name>moduleCmpEngine</name>
                </gbean-locator>
            </gbean-ref>

* from the J2EE component having the above gbean-ref, we following
snippet retrieves a QueryManager:
    QueryManagerLocator locator = new QueryManagerLocator();
    QueryManager qm = locator.locate("cmp/QueryManager");

* the QueryManager allows the creation of queries:
    Query query = qm.createQuery("select H from HoldingEJB H where
H.holdingID = ?", new Class[] {Integer.class});

* parameters are then set:
    query.setParameter(0, new Integer(1));

* when the parameters have been set, the query is then executed and
return the result as a single object or a list:
    Object result = query.getSingleResult();
or
    List results = query.getResultList();

I am in the process of testing the impl.; meanwhile, if you think that
the above can be improved, then let us know.

Thanks,
Gianny