geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure a remote HTTPd
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:41:27 GMT

Joacim J wrote:
> In fact, I tried 1.2.6 it seems to work just fine. I used 1.2.14 since
> it is a later version (or?)
I thought 1.2.6 was the latest stable version (it was, now it is 1.2.15 which I'm testing
now :)  )

> Right now I have this on a global level, right after the LoadModules section:

Yes, it should work if you add it at the very end of the httpd.conf. I assume, since you are
in
Linux, you load the module as .so (.dll is just for windows) and this is directly from the
article.
> --------------------------
> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll
> # Loads the Jakarta Tomcat Connector module
>
> JkWorkersFile <httpd_home>\conf\workers.properties
> # Tells the module the location of the workers.properties file
>
> JkLogFile     <httpd_home>\logs\mod_jk.log
> # Specifies the location for this module's specific log file
>
> JkLogLevel    info
> # Sets the module's log level to info
>
> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
> # Sets the module's log time stamp format
>
> JkAutoAlias <httpd_home>\config-store
> # Automatically Alias webapp context directories into the Apache document space.
> --------------------------
>
> and
> JkMount /console/* ajp13
> in a virtual host.
>
> I have another question (a bit OT). I have this virtual host:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         DocumentRoot /srv/www/virtual/admin.mydomain.com
>         ServerName admin.mydomain.com
>         ServerAlias *.admin.mydomain.com
>         <Directory "/srv/www/virtual/admin.mydomain.com">
>                 AuthType Basic
>                 AuthName "Admin @ mydomain.com"
>                 AuthUserFile /srv/www/virtual/.htpasswd_admin
>                 Require valid-user
>         </Directory>
>         JkMount /console/* ajp13
> </VirtualHost>
>
> If I go to the page http://admin.mydomain.com I get the password
> dialog but not if going to http://admin.mydomain.com/console/
> I have tried to add the JkMount inside the <Directory> but it's not
> allowed there. Any idea to have the complete http://admin.mydomain.com
> secured by basic authentication?

AFAIK, when Apache HTTPd see a request matching the JkMount it will forward that request to
the
destination server defined in the workers.properties . I don't think HTTPd should take care
of
securing an external resource. I will investigate more this module implementation and a workaround

configuration.

Cheers!
Hernan