geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Todd Mason <jtoddmason.consult...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Still stuck on MDB deploy...
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:15:18 GMT
Thanks for the clarification.

I now have a plan file, but when I run the deploy I get this message.

C:\geronimo-1.0\bin>deploy deploy todd-plan.xml WorkJ2EE.ear

    Error: Unable to distribute WorkJ2EE.ear: A connector module must be
    deployed using a Geronimo deployment plan (either
    META-INF/geronimo-ra.xml in the RAR file or a standalone deployment
    plan passed to the deployer).

Here is my plan file, is it incomplete in some way?  Also, is there
somewhere in the Geronimo install where I can find the daytrader EAR?
That would be of great help! If I could look at it's layout and see all
the required files. I'm thinking my EAR must be missing some critical
Geronimo specifics but I'm not sure what.

Todd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application"
configId="Workj2ee" >

    <module>
        <ejb>WorkJ2EEEJB.jar</ejb>
        <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar"
                     configId="WorkTODDEJBs"

            <enterprise-beans>
                <message-driven>
                    <ejb-name>MDB1</ejb-name>
                    <resource-adapter>
                        <resource-link>SGJMS</resource-link>
                    </resource-adapter>
                    <activation-config>
                        <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>javax.jms.Queue</activation-config-property-value>
                        </activation-config-property>
                        <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>SGQueue1</activation-config-property-value>
                        </activation-config-property>
                        <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>acknowledgeMode</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>Auto-acknowledge</activation-config-property-value>
                        </activation-config-property>
                        <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>SubscriptionDurability</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>NonDurable</activation-config-property-value>
                        </activation-config-property>
                    </activation-config>
                </message-driven>
            </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>
</module>

    <ext-module>
        <connector>SGJMS</connector>
        <external-path>activemq/activemq-ra/3.2.1/rar</external-path>
        <connector
            xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.0"
            xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
            configId="SGJMS">

            <resourceadapter>
                <!-- how to connect to the JMS Server -->
                <resourceadapter-instance>
                    <resourceadapter-name>SGJMS</resourceadapter-name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ServerUrl">tcp://localhost:61616</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="UserName">not
needed</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="Password">not
needed</config-property-setting>
                    <workmanager>
                        <gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</gbean-link>
                    </workmanager>
                </resourceadapter-instance>
                <!-- defines a ConnectionFactory -->
                <outbound-resourceadapter>
                  <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
                        <connectiondefinition-instance>
                            <name>jms/SGQueueConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
                            <connectionmanager>
                                <xa-transaction>
                                    <transaction-caching/>
                                </xa-transaction>
                                <single-pool>
                                    <max-size>10</max-size>
                                    <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

<idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
                                    <match-one/>
                                </single-pool>
                            </connectionmanager>
                        </connectiondefinition-instance>
                    </connection-definition>
                    <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
                        <connectiondefinition-instance>
                            <name>jms/SGTopicConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
                            <connectionmanager>
                                <xa-transaction>
                                    <transaction-caching/>
                                </xa-transaction>
                                <single-pool>
                                    <max-size>10</max-size>
                                    <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

<idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
                                    <match-one/>
                                </single-pool>
                            </connectionmanager>
                        </connectiondefinition-instance>
                    </connection-definition>
                </outbound-resourceadapter>
            </resourceadapter>

            <adminobject>

<adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Topic</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.codehaus.activemq.message.ActiveMQTopic</adminobject-class>
                <adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>SGTopic1</message-destination-name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">SGTopic1</config-property-setting>
                </adminobject-instance>
            </adminobject>

            <adminobject>

<adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.codehaus.activemq.message.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>
                <adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>SGQueue1</message-destination-name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">SGQueue1</config-property-setting>
                </adminobject-instance>
            </adminobject>

        </connector>
    </ext-module>

</application>

My application.xml file contents.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd"
version="1.4">

  <display-name>WorkJ2EE</display-name>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>WorkJ2EEWeb.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/WorkJ2EEWeb</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>WorkJ2EEEJB.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
<connector>activemq-ra-3.2.1.rar</connector>
</module>
</application>