geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@progress.com>
Subject Re: How can I get a reference to Geronimo TransactionManager instance...
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:30:30 GMT

David Jencks wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2006, at 8:42 AM, Claudio Corsi wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was wondering if you have a standard process to get an instance  of
>> Geronimo TransactionManager instance?
>>
>> I have been trying to understand your use of the gbean package and  it
>> is not readily clear how I can get an instance of the
>> TransactionManager and/or TransactionContextManager instance.
>

> Knowing what kind of component needs the TM or TCM would be a help.
> One way for a non-geronimo-aware component to use the TCM is
> demonstrated in the spring tm in the spring module in trunk.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that I will not know a priori which component is using
the TM/TCM.

Let me describe our product. We have a product called ObjectStore JMTL.
This product has the ability to implicitly enlist itself as an
XAResource with any jta aware app. The way that we implement this
feature is by getting a reference to a TM and using this instance to get
the current TXN to enlist ourselves. This work is jta implementation
specific since there is no standard way to access a TM.

Our reason for implementing this was so that our users do not need to
explicitly enlist themselves.

I've looked at the STM implementation and it still requires a TCM name.
The question is if this name is unique per application server instance?
If it is, how can I get a reference to that unique name? If it is not,
how can I determine which one is currently be used?

thanks,

--Claudio