geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Tomcat MySQL XA support
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:17:40 GMT
Hi,

This "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction" problem
has nothing to do with XA. Basically, an update statement was being
executed. This statement was trying to update a row having a write lock,
e.g. another transaction was updating the same record. In this scenario,
the update statement is not executed as long as the lock is not
released. If the lock is not released before the wait timeout of the
update statement, then this exception is thrown.

Thanks,
Gianny

Jack Wang wrote:

>Thanks. If I use MysqlDataSource, there is no problem. But my problem is how to use MySQL's
XA in