geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Kirkwood <mar...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject Re: 1.0 src build failure
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:42:12 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> One of those spec JARs goes in the repository/geronimo-spec/jars
> directory and the other in repository/org.apache.geronimo.specs/jars
> -- the difference being that the spec build was changed resulting in a
> different output location and somehow both of them snuck into the 1.0
> source (I think Geronimo used one and OpenEJB the other, or something
> like that).  So the error you're getting indicates that
> geronimo-spec-corba-2.3-rc4.jar goes in geronimo-spec/ not
> o.a.g.specs/ and if you move it to the right location in your repo you
> should get further.

Ah - excellent! Placing geronimo-spec-corba-2.3-rc4.jar into
repository/geronimo-spec/jars does the trick (successful build).

I feel a bit stupid - it seems so obvious in hindsight, but the error
message format i.e:
specifying 'geronimo-spec/geronimo-spec-corba/2.3-rc4/jar' is a bit
confusing to decode for us geronimo/maven newbies....

Anyway to help ease the level for confusion for future folks like me,
this is what I ended up doing:

i) Fetch clean 1.0 source (no patch) and empty maven repository.

ii) Fetch geronimo-spec-corba-2.3-rc4.jar and place in
.maven/repository/geronimo-spec/jars.

iii) Fetch geronimo-corba_2.3_spec-1.0.jar and place in
.maven/repository/org.apache.geronimo.specs/jars.

iv) Build as in BUILDING.txt.

Thanks

Mark