geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann <l...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.0 running on IBM ISeries.
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:07:58 GMT
Todd Mason schrieb:
> Geronimo 1.0 is alive and running on the IBM ISeries. Although not yet a
> supported configuration so far so good. Here are some of the details for
> those interested in my configuration.
>
> ISeries Model 270 with 2 gig of ram.
>
> OS Version - V5R3
> Cumulative PTF Package SF99530 Level 5298
>
> Performance for the Day Trader application seems acceptable. I ran the
> OS400 command crtjvapgm optimized to level 30 on all the jar files in my
> install directory.

Would have been a surprise if it wouldnt run on the iSeries right? The
problem with i5/OS or OS/400 is that its dead slow when it comes to
java. All my customers run their java stuff on a Linux partition on the
iSeries and the performance is a lot better there.

Of course you can go the "compile jars to machine code" (iSeries
specific command) way to improve performance but this is definitely a
pain. But anyway, its good to hear that it basically runs on this OS.

BTW, do you use the IBM Java5 JRE?

--

regards
Marc Logemann

--
"Programming is like Sex, one mistake and you support it for a lifetime"