geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Milan Unger <milan.un...@siemens.com>
Subject Re: deploying EJB with CMR
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:27:38 GMT
I have started Geronimo-1.0 under JRE 1.4 and recompiled my sources with
JDK1.4 and now it is working - the problem was due to JDK1.5.

Is there a way to run Geronimo-1.0 safely under JRE 1.5, e.g. without
CORBA as I have mentioned before?

Hallo,

I localized that the error is caused by call

PortableRemoteObject.narrow(aReference, UnitLocalHome.class);

Anyway, UnitLocalHome.class executes without exception so it is somewhere
in PortableRemoteObject.narrow.

I got different exception on my page when accessed first time fter
server restart. It mentions CORBA Initialization - IMO,
the problem is that I use JRE 1.5 instead of 1.4 version. I will prefer
to stay with JDK1.5 and don't need CORBA.
Geronimo 1.0-M5 runs fine for me without it.

Is there a way to disable CORBA infrastructure - what modules should be
uninstalled for that? I can test to deploy there
afterwards.

Regards, Milan.