geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Carew <dcca...@gmail.com>
Subject Datasource for Hot Deploy
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:16:23 GMT
I have an EAR file with a web app and an EJB jar. I've been deploying it
with an external deployment plan that has a Datasource defined in it as well
as the info for the web app and the EJB. I'm trying to change it to use the
internal deployment plans so I can Hot Deploy it. I created a
geronimo-web.xml, openejb-jar.xml and a geronimo-application.xml. My
application plan has the Datasource def  like this

<application ....>
<ext-module>
<connector>
</connector>
</ext-module>
</application>

Both Hot Deploy and command line deploy are barfing at the Datasource
definition. Here's part of the error

       Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: cvc-complex-type.2.4b:
   Element not allowed:
   dependency@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0 in
   element
   connector@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/aconnector-1.0,
   error: cvc-complex-type.2.4b: Element not allowed:
   resourceadapter@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0
   in element
   connector@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.0,
   error: cvc-complex-type.2.4c: Expected elements
   'internal-path@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0
   external-path@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0'
   before the end of the content in element
   ext-module@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0]

   Descriptor: <xml-fragment application-name="WebBankEAR"
   configId="webbank-1.0"
   xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
   xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
   xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0">
If I  deploy the Datasource separately and change the
geromino-application.xml to this

<application ....../>

it works as expected.

My question is that if I have a Datasource and use the internal plans do I
have to put everything in geronimo-application.xml or is there a way to have
the Datasource in geronimo-application.xml and separate plans (i.e.
geronimo-web.xml, openejb-jar.xml) for everything else ?