geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling access to session id on Tomcat
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:41:05 GMT
Hi, in general you can pass in attributes to gbeans by editing the
appropriate sections of var/config/config.xml.  In your case, the
section of interest is:
    <gbean name="TomcatWebConnector">
      <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
      <attribute name="port">8080</attribute>
      <attribute name="redirectPort">8443</attribute>
    </gbean>

However, it does not appear that the tomcat gbean accepts the
"emptySessionPath" attribute at this time.  When I added it to my
config.xml and tried to start the server it returned the following
error message:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Could not
extract gbean data from configuration
[...]
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
No attribute: emptySessionPath for gbean:
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/tomcat/1.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=TomcatWebConnector

>From looking at the v1.0 source for tomcat/ConnectorGBean it looks
like the set of attributes accepted by the TomcatWebConnector gbean
is:

host, port, bufferSizeBytes, maxThreads,
acceptQueueSize, lingerMillis, tcpNoDelay,
redirectPort, minSpareThreads, maxSpareThreads,
maxHttpHeaderSizeBytes, hostLookupEnabled,
connectionTimeoutMillis, uploadTimeoutEnabled,
connectUrl(?)

Best wishes,
Paul

On 2/21/06, Michael Malgeri <mmalgeri@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A user has the following issue:
>

> "When we ran Jetspeed 2 on Tomcat, we had to enable access to the session id in order
for our charting applications to function. This isn't an uncommon problem when portlets or
webapps require access to the session variable.

> With Tomcat 5.x, this was accomplished by adding emptySessionPath="true" to either the
Service or AJP Connector in the Tomcat server.xml file.