geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File paths within the EAR file
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:44:14 GMT
Hi,  I assume you are trying to access the properties file from a servlet
since its name is passed as a servlet init-param.  Depending on what your
end goal is there may be a standard servlet API that will help you out. For
example, from within your servlet you could use

getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/classes/quartz.properties")

if the servlet and properties file are in the same web app.  If they are in
separate web apps you could instead use

getServletContext().getContext("/TheOtherContext").getResourceAsStream(..)
If you need an absolute path to the file then ServletContext.getRealPath(..)
could help.

Best wishes,
Paul