geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jack Wang <>
Subject Re: Tomcat MySQL XA support
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:36:28 GMT

Does MySQL5.0.18 suport XA in Tomcat 5.5 ? I do a XA test in tomcat with only a jsp file and
necessary jars. The jsp is as:

Context ctx = new InitialContext();
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource xads = new
XAConnection xcon = xads.getXAConnection("root","password");
Connection con = xcon.getConnection();

System.out.println("I get the correct xads and the con=" + con);
System.out.println("Bind xads to InitialContext");

ctx.bind("myXADB", xads);
MysqlXADataSource mysqlXADataSource = (MysqlXADataSource)ctx.lookup("myXADB");

System.out.println("Get the null MysqlXADataSource from ctx xads=" + mysqlXADataSource );

 Why mysqlXADataSource get from the InitialContext is null ?

 Is this why I can not configure the XADataSource in tomcat in the previous mail ?

 I have waste much time in this problem, please help.

Wang Jun

View raw message