geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ed R <brviking2...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Re: remotely deploy application within eclipse
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 01:03:07 GMT
I used to "Export WAR" from Eclipse into $geronimo_home/deploy  directory for "remote deployment".
Just need access to folder (local or  network). I think this should work for EAR, RAR and
so on.

  Richter

Lin Sun <linsun_unc@yahoo.com> escreveu:  Hi there,

I have tried the remote deployment via deploy.bat and it worked very well.

Now I am interested in remotely deploying my application within eclipse.  Is this
supported?  It is not obvious to me how to do it.  I tried to define a new server, then
typed my remote geronimo server's host name as server host name, selected geronimo as the
server type and hit next.   However, the next screen asked me for application server
install directory which I don't know  what to enter for a remote server.   I don't think
I can finish defining a new server if the plugin cannot find the bin\server.jar file
(finish button is greyed out).

Thanks, Lin