geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jack Wang <pipa...@yahoo.com>
Subject XADataSource error in tomcat 5.5 with MySQL 5.1
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 09:44:31 GMT
I can get connect from Resource configured in tomcat with type="javax.sql.DataSource". But
the
project needs the XADataSource, so I configure the XADataSource in tomcat's server.xml with
following:

---------------------

  <Resource name="jdbc/myXADB" auth="Container"
    type="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource"
    factory="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSourceFactory"
    driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
    databaseName="test"
    serverName="192.168.1.2"
    explicitUrl="true"
    port="3306"
    user="root"
    password="123456"
    url="jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.2/test?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=gbk"
    />

or

  <Resource name="jdbc/myXADB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.XADataSource"
    factory="org.objectweb.jndi.DataSourceFactory"
    driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
    username="root"
    password="123456"
    url="jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.2/test"
  />
---------------------

But both can't work. I only get a null xaDs, so can not get the XAConnection. The java code
in the
web application to get the XADataSource is:

---------------------
  Context ctx = new InitialContext();
  XADataSource xaDs = (XADataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myXADB");
  // Here get the null xaDs, Oops !!
---------------------

The error message is:

---------------------
  - Could not execute action
  java.lang.ClassCastException: com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource
  at example.helloWorld.HelloWorldAnotherAction.execute(HelloWorldAnotherAction.java:104)

My environment is :
  JDK 1.5
  Tomcat 5.5
  MySQL 5.1