geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ed R <brviking2...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Re: Hot Deploy?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:34:51 GMT
100Mb war is a HUGE war!!!
  No, mine has about 20Mb (because I use OJB - that uses large amout of  libraries - and a
services classes from business layer for a really  large app).

  In any way, Geronimo is running well. I have made a simple test,  putting Geronimo to run
app 24hours without redeploying, and memory was  constant.

  Appear memory leak be redeploy related.

  Best regards,

  Richter

Gary Karasiuk <gkarasiuk@rogers.com> escreveu:  I also was seeing what I suspect is
a memory leak. The working set went up 3MB on every deploy.

  BTW, Even a single WAR can be quite big. I've seen lots of customers  with WARs > 100
MB. That is a lot of bytes to move, when you are  only changing a couple of classes.

Ed R <brviking2000@yahoo.com.br> wrote:  I usually create a new WAR. When new WAR replaces
old one, Geronimo unloads old WAR and load again the new one automatically.

  But, I think there is some memory leak, because after 20 or 30  redeployments, I got about
600Mb RAM consumed by Geronimo. I didn't  open a JIRA issue because I'm using JDK 1.5.0, and
it's a not supported  plataform.

  Best regards,

  Richter

Gary Karasiuk <gkarasiuk@rogers.com> escreveu:  Is there a way to "hot deploy" changes
to a running application?

For example if I wanted to change a couple of servlets (i.e. .class
files) in my war. And/or if I wanted to change a couple of jsp files.

   Yahoo! Search
   Dê uma espiadinha e saiba tudo sobre o Big Brother Brasil.

Gary