geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gary Karasiuk <>
Subject Re: Hot Deploy?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:24:40 GMT
I also was seeing what I suspect is a memory leak. The working set went up 3MB on every deploy.

  BTW, Even a single WAR can be quite big. I've seen lots of customers  with WARs > 100
MB. That is a lot of bytes to move, when you are  only changing a couple of classes.

Ed R <> wrote:  I usually create a new WAR. When new WAR replaces
old one, Geronimo unloads old WAR and load again the new one automatically.
  But, I think there is some memory leak, because after 20 or 30  redeployments, I got about
600Mb RAM consumed by Geronimo. I didn't  open a JIRA issue because I'm using JDK 1.5.0, and
it's a not supported  plataform.
  Best regards,

Gary Karasiuk <> escreveu:  Is there a way to "hot deploy" changes
to a running application?

For example if I wanted to change a couple of servlets (i.e. .class
files) in my war. And/or if I wanted to change a couple of jsp files.

   Yahoo! Search
   DĂȘ uma espiadinha e saiba tudo sobre o Big Brother Brasil.

View raw message