geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse 3.x <-> Geronimo 1.0 integration trouble
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:22:01 GMT

- sachin

On Feb 9, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Oliver Dauben wrote:

> -- hi list,
>
> i'm a bit lost with an issue concerning the eclipse 3.x / g1.0
> integration
> using the eclipse WTP subproject. this seems _not_ to be an eclipse
> but a
> geronimo issue as the geronimo eclipse plugin is developed in the
> geronimo
> project context.
>
> over the last few days, i tried numerous combinations of the
> eclipse IDE (3.2M4,
> 3.1) and the WTP (1.5M4, 1.0, I200602022035) on both win xp and
> linux and did
> always run into trouble when attempting to deploy a stateless
> session EJB.
>
> question:
>
> does anybody out there have a working eclipse geronimo plugin that
> is capable of
> generating EJB boilerplate code as well as deploy that stuff to a
> geronimo
> instance?
>
> background:
>
> observations:
>
> eclipse 3.2M4 + WTP 1.5M4:
> - xdoclet generator will not generate boilerplate code
> automagically, manually
> seleting 'run xdoclet' will do. nevertheless, problems arise in the
> '.JETEmitters' temp project where various imports can not be
> resolved (e.g.
> org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotation). deployment to a local
> geronimo instance
> does not work as no artefact is being generated at all.

3.2x and WTP 1.5 is not yet supported.  The plugin has not yet
migrated to this driver.  But the above problem sounds like a WTP bug.

> eclipse 3.1 + WTP 1.0:
> - xdoclet generator generates boilerplate code as expected.
> nevertheless,
> deployment to a local geronimo fails for the reason that there is a
> validation
> error with the 'openejb.jar.xml' deploymentplan (missing
> 'enterprise-beans'
> element...).

Yes, if this element isn't specified deployment will fail.  This
technically should be fixed by openejb and this element should be
made optional.  As a work-around I will go ahead and implement
GERONIMODEVTOOLS-02, so in the stubbed out openejb plan this element
is included.