geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: deploying EJB with CMR
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:19:52 GMT

On Feb 1, 2006, at 4:27 AM, Milan Unger wrote:

> I have started Geronimo-1.0 under JRE 1.4 and recompiled my sources
> with
> JDK1.4 and now it is working - the problem was due to JDK1.5.
>
> Is there a way to run Geronimo-1.0 safely under JRE 1.5, e.g. without
> CORBA as I have mentioned before?

Well, PRO.narrow is sort of a use of CORBA :-)

I haven't tried it but I suspect that if you modify config.xml to
override the SystemProperties gbean in rmi-naming configuration to
not set any of the corba properties it normally sets, that PRO.narrow
might work as long as you aren't actually using corba transport.

thanks
david jencks