geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Luke Middleton" <l...@sourceflow.com>
Subject external docroot with jetty-web.xml?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 07:28:01 GMT
Hi,

  I'm trying to figure out how to configure jetty with a document root
outside of my web application.  The app is basically a file manager and
needs to browse and upload images on the filesystem.  I'm new to Jetty and
Geronimo but thought I'd figured out the correct solution. I added a
jetty-web.xml file to my war:

<?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure 1.2//EN"
"http://jetty.mortbay.org/configure_1_2.dtd">

<Configure class="org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext">

  <Call name="getHttpServer">

              <Call name="addContext">

                          <Arg>

                                      <New
class="org.mortbay.http.HttpContext">

                                                  <Set
name="setContextPath">/appImages</Set>

                                                  <Set
name="setResourceBase">/appImages</Set>

                                                  <Set name="addHandler">

                                                              <New
class="org.mortbay.http.handler.ResourceHandler"/>

                                                  </Set>

                                      </New>

                          </Arg>

              </Call>

   </Call>

</Configure>

I expected this would map the context path: /appImages to the filsystem
location /appImages.

As far as I can tell my server doesn't even read jetty-web.xml.  I wouldn't
be surprised if my syntax is wrong but I can't even figure out where to
begin debugging, nothing seems to be getting logged.

Any suggestions about how to solve my problem would be greatly appreciated.
Is my approach correct? If so, how would I start debugging this?

Thanks in advance,

-Luke