geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Fabian Dankof" <fab...@dankof.net>
Subject Geronimo/Eclipse: Can't find bean in jndi
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:37:01 GMT
Hi List!

I just set-up a new Geronimo/Eclipse environment with the following
versions:

- Geronimo 1.0
- Eclipse 3.1.2 /w WTP 1.0.1
- Geronimo Eclipse Plug-in V1.0

After configuring the server runtime i created a new Enterprise Application
project with
an EJB and a servlet.
The only thing i do is lookup the bean via the auto-generated *Util-Class of
the bean in
the doGet() method of my servlet.
Unfortunately, it comes to an error when the bean is looked up in JNDI. I
get a NameNotFoundException.
Up to now, i extended my openejb-jar.xml file to describe the bean:

---------------------- openejb-jar.xml ------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.0"
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
configId="TestAppEJB/TestAppEJB">
  <enterprise-beans>
    	<session>
    		<ejb-name>MyTestApp</ejb-name>
    		<jndi-name>MyTestApp</jndi-name>
    	</session>
    </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>

Is this file really needed as i have an ejb-jar.xml??

When i log in to the server's console and choose "Application EARs" from the
menu, i can
see the app but the bean does not appear in the "EJB JARs" section. Is that
normal when i
deploy as an EAR??
It seems that the bean isn't deployed. I also tried to deploy a seperate EJB
an look it up
in a servlet which (as far as i remember) was successful.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Fabian