geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: can hot deploy kill a server?
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:51:09 GMT
thanks a lot...


Aaron Mulder schrieb:
> To fix it, find the "configuration" entry with the right name in
> var/config/config.xml and add load="false" to the element:
> 
>   <configuration name="mysample" load="false">
>   </configuration>
> 
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
> 
> On 1/30/06, Werner Punz <werpu@gmx.at> wrote:
>> I am not fully sure, probably a hosed undeploy still having a file lock
>> by an editor which had the web.xml open...
>>
>> The annoying thing is I do not know how to clean this up without
>> reinstalling Geronimo ( a cleanup probably is possible by kicking derby
>> and moving all the db related stuff to an external data source)
>>
>>
>>
>> Aaron Mulder schrieb:
>>> For what it's worth, I don't think Hot Deploy itself is causing this
>>> -- no matter how the deployment happened, if the application is not
>>> available and the server expects to start it during startup, it gets
>>> this error.
>>>
>>> The real bug is that when you undeploy, it should *always* take the
>>> application out of the "apps to be started" list.  So we need to
>>> figure out what path might cause an undeploy to happen yet not take
>>> the app out of the "to be started" list.  I wonder if it's an error
>>> during redeployment, or an error during undeployment, or that you
>>> undeploy and kill the server so fast that it didn't get to update its
>>> config file...  Whatever it is, the hot deploy tool uses the same
>>> JSR-88 deployment code as the command-line deploy tool and the plugins
>>> and so on.
>>>
>>> Did anything especially weird happen regarding the "mysample" web
>>> application during or close to the last shutdown before this error
>>> happened?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>     Aaron
>>>
>>> On 1/30/06, Sachin Patel <sppatel2@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Yes it can, the NoSuchConfigExceptino on startup brings down the server
>>>> regardless of what your configuration is.  I may have a defect on this open.
>>>>  I think apps need to be excluded from this.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> - sachin
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Jan 30, 2006, at 4:55 PM, Werner Punz wrote:
>>>>
>>>> It has happened to me several times, that I brought geronimo in a I refuse
>>>> to startup state, due to some condition of having a webapp referenced in
the
>>>> db but not reachable anymore.
>>>>
>>>> Here is a log of such a symptom:
>>>>
>>>> ration 20/23  23s geronimo/daytrader-derby-tomcat/1.0/car
>>>> Started configuration 21/23   3s
>>>> geronimo/remote-deploy-tomcat/1.0/car
>>>> Started configuration 22/23   3s geronimo/hot-deployer/1.0/car
>>>> Server Startup failed
>>>>
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException: No
>>>> configuration with id: mysample
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl.load(ConfigurationManagerImpl.java:116)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl.loadRecursive(ConfigurationManagerImpl.java:192)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl.loadRecursive(ConfigurationManagerImpl.java:181)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl$$FastClassByCGLIB$$fbed85d2.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>  at
>>>> net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$fb658224.loadRecursive(<generated>)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:317)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:82)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:404)
>>>> 22:50:08,854 INFO  [Http11Protocol] Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on
>>>> http-0.0.0.0-8443
>>>> 22:50:16,886 INFO  [Http11Protocol] Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on
>>>> http-0.0.0.0-8080
>>>> 22:50:17,216 INFO  [StandardContext] Container
>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Geronimo].[localhost].[/]
>>>> has not been started
>>>> 22:50:17,387 WARN  [GeronimoConnectionEventListener]
>>>> connectionErrorOccurred called with null
>>>> SQL Exception: No current connection.
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setupContextStack(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.commit(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedXAConnection.localTransactionStart(ManagedXAConnection.java:89)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.tranql.connector.AbstractManagedConnection$LocalTransactionImpl.begin(AbstractManagedConnection.java:188)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.setAutoCommit(ConnectionHandle.java:161)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:126)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean.java:76)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$8be8a0a0.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>  at
>>>> net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapter$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$6ea4ad31.beginTransaction(<generated>)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:158)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.util.TransactionTemplate.run(TransactionTemplate.java:38)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.journal.JournalMessageStore.checkpoint(JournalMessageStore.java:227)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter$3.run(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:357)
>>>>  at
>>>> EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.QueuedExecutor$RunLoop.run(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>>> 22:50:17,497 ERROR [JournalPersistenceAdapter] Failed to checkpoint a
>>>> message store: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create transaction: SQL
>>>> Exception: No current connection.
>>>> javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create transaction: SQL Exception: No
>>>> current connection.
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.util.JMSExceptionHelper.newJMSException(JMSExceptionHelper.java:49)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:130)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean.java:76)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapterGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$8be8a0a0.invoke(<generated>)
>>>>  at
>>>> net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:118)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:800)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:36)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapter$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$6ea4ad31.beginTransaction(<generated>)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:158)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.util.TransactionTemplate.run(TransactionTemplate.java:38)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.journal.JournalMessageStore.checkpoint(JournalMessageStore.java:227)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter$3.run(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:357)
>>>>  at
>>>> EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.QueuedExecutor$RunLoop.run(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>>> Caused by: SQL Exception: No current connection.
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setupContextStack(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.commit(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredConnection.setAutoCommit(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedXAConnection.localTransactionStart(ManagedXAConnection.java:89)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.tranql.connector.AbstractManagedConnection$LocalTransactionImpl.begin(AbstractManagedConnection.java:188)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.setAutoCommit(ConnectionHandle.java:161)
>>>>  at
>>>> org.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.beginTransaction(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:126)
>>>>  ... 16 more
>>>>
>>>> Server shutdown begun
>>>> Server shutdown completed
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Is there any way to fix this without having to reinstall the server?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
> 


Mime
View raw message