geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Scott Anderson <portlet...@gmail.com>
Subject network problems?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:54:55 GMT
I just succeeded in performing a clean full build. It took 22.5 hours to
complete. 99% of the time was spent downloading SNAPSHOTS...jars, cars, &
wars. Before this successful build I also had a few lenghty build failures
that resulted from unsuccessful downloads. There were many timeouts. Also, a
considerable amount of this time was spent trying to download the same files
over and over again. Why?

Now that I have a good build and all the required SNAPSHOTS have been
installed locally, can I update an individual target (Tomcat or Jetty)
without having to access the network? If I this is possible, is there a
straight forward configuration I can make to disable the downloading of
SNAPSHOTS? If this is not possible, why not?

Scott