geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ndeshm...@nse.co.in
Subject Re: Shutdown problem
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 06:35:12 GMT
you haven't made changes proper while starting up...

             Phani Madgula
             <phanibalaji.madg
             ula@gmail.com>                                             To
                                       Geronimo User
             01/23/2006 11:44          <user@geronimo.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Shutdown problem
             user@geronimo.apa
                  che.org

Hi,

This is just for information sake. I guess, it is a problem too..

When I start the server on a non-default RMI port[5555], and try to
shutdown using "shutdown" command, it is not shutting down.
It is saying

C:\IBM\geronimo-1.0\bin>shutdown
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   C:\IBM\geronimo-1.0
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   C:\IBM\geronimo-1.0
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: C:\IBM\geronimo-1.0\var\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\IBM\JDK
Username: system
Password:

Locating server on port 1099...
Could not communicate with the server.  The server may not be running or
the port number may be incorrect.

However, I am able to shutdown using console.

Thanks

phani