geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Leigh Williamson <lei...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: JSR77 StateManageable inconsistency?
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 22:18:23 GMT
Yes, I will extract a small example from the program I am working on and
post it. Thanks!

Leigh Williamson
leighw@us.ibm.com

Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
Sent by: ammulder@gmail.com
01/09/2006 02:27 PM
Please respond to
user@geronimo.apache.org

user@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: JSR77 StateManageable inconsistency?

Hmm, that's curious.  Every GBean is state manageable in the sense
that if you talk to the kernel it can get and change the state of the
GBean.  And if you have the kernel generate you a proxy it includes
the state manageable methods in one of the implemented interfaces,
IIRC.

However, it may well be the case that invoking such a method through
the MEJB doesn't work properly.  If so, we should be able to just
change the MEJB to make the right kernel calls under the covers if you
call one of the state manageable methods.

Can you send over (post to JIRA or the mailing list) a small test
program that demonstrates the problem, which we could then use to test
the fix?

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 1/9/06, Leigh Williamson <leighw@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I have been attempting to port a J2EE 1.4 management program to Geronimo
and
> noticed what appears to be inconsistency in the way JSR77
StateManageable
> attribute is handled.
>
> The spec says that if one of the JSR77 objects does support the
StateManageable