geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Leigh Williamson <lei...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: how to keep the server process alive on Fedora Linux
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:39:46 GMT
I have a laptop that I move around and pick up different IP addresses
dynamically.
I noticed that my Geronimo server gets hung up after my laptop undergoes
one of these IP adjustments while the server is running.
Could your overnight problem have anything to do with an IP address change
perhaps?

Leigh Williamson

Qingtian Wang <qingtian.wang@gmail.com>
01/16/2006 11:06 AM
Please respond to
user@geronimo.apache.org

user@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: how to keep the server process alive on Fedora Linux

Thanks for trying to help!

I did start it with the "startup.sh". And afterwards I sign off the
user. And everything works fine. (I think that means Mr. G is running
in the background). Until, of course, the next day.

I am also wondering if there is some "killer" in the OS that runs and
kill some processes everyday if it thinks the process is somehow not
good. But I checked the "services" checklist that comes with Fedora -
nothing I can think of that'd do this. Is there any "known killer"
like that?

Thanks again,
Qingtian