geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: car
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:09:49 GMT

On Jan 19, 2006, at 12:41 AM, Ken Perl wrote:

> From 1.0 all system modules are ended with /car, any special meaning
> about this? any new feature is in 1.0 with this name car?

Each configuration is built using the packaging plugin, and the
resulting car file is put into the local maven repository.  The
configIds are now the uri corresponding to the location in the maven
repo. (note that these are NOT the path into the repo, but groupId/
artifactId/version/type).

We are planning to build a config-store implementation that uses the
car files directly from the geronimo repository, eliminating the
config-store directory and the mysterious numbered directories.
Then, the configId will correspond to the location in the config
store/repo.

thanks
david jencks