geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo - Tomcat and Valve Development
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:30:24 GMT

On Jan 14, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Nicholas Irving wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am trying to write a simple Interceptor, reads Headers from
> requests and setups info in the Users Session, and I believe a
> Valve is the way to go and since my final app server is going to be
> Geronimo with TomCat I would like to know Where exactly is the best
> place to discuss Tomcat Valve development for Geronimo?

This list is fine.  A normal tomcat valve should work fine in
geronimo.  IIUC to get your application to use one or more valves you
set up a valve chain using gbean instances (there is an example in
the configs/tomcat/src/plan/plan.xml) and refer to it with a valve-
chain element in a tomcat specific plan (using the http://
geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.0 namespace, the
geronimo-tomcat-1.0.xsd schema) or a tomcat config inside a generic
plan (the tomcat config is in the http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
web/tomcat/config-1.0 namespace, the geronimo-tomcat-config-1.0.xsd
schema).

If this doesn't help enough you may need to wait for jeff
genender :-).  Asking on IRC may also work.

thanks
david jencks