geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ueberbach, Michael" <michael.ueberb...@dbh.de>
Subject transaction behaviour
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:22:06 GMT
hello matt,

It seems so as if I have found a solution to the problem. I undeployed the used connection
pool for the Oracle database and deployed it again this time not using the console but the
command line tool.
In the deployment plan I explicitly set the option CommitBeforeAutocommit to true (which seems
not to be the default using the console). Using this connection pool new created entities
will be persisted at once (as happens when using the pool for MySQL).

The documentation says about this the following:
"If the JDBC driver does not commit pending work when setAutoCommit(true) is called, then
this should be set to true to work around that. It's always safest to set it
to true, but the performance is better for JDBC-compliant drivers when this is set to false"

Are there any concrete experiences referring to the last point (performance) ?

By the way: as far as I can see geronimo works very fine and fast. (creating 1000 entities
consumes about 2200 ms using connection to MySQL, against Oracle the time is varying between
3500 and 10000 ms, but that may be blamed on the network)

regards
michael