geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo configuration directory
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:21:20 GMT

On Jan 29, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Cristian Roldan wrote:

> Hi community !!
>
>     I need to get the full path of the configuration directory, is
> there any Geronimo service/static class/JMX/Gbean that can give me
> that information ?

I have to ask why :-) and what exactly you mean by configuration
directory...

You can get the location of the entire geronimo server from
ServerInfo, and the location of config.xml relative to that from the
local attribute manager gbean.  However, there may not necessarily be
a local attribute manager.

These are typically set up in the "root" configuration such as j2ee-
system or client-system: the packaging plugin has no such root
configuration but installs a few gbeans in code.  You can't override
gbean attributes in these root configurations.

Several people have mentioned in the past and Vincent Massol recently
has an urgent need to allow relocating the var directory in some way
and this will probably get implemented in the next few days as soon
as we can figure out what we want to do.

thanks
david jencks