geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Replication using totem protocol
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:34:14 GMT
On Jan 12, 2006, at 1:00 PM, lichtner@bway.net wrote:

> I would like to recommend the following article by Ken Birman
> (probably
> the grandad of process groups):
>
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=326136
>
> Unfortunately you need to be a member of the acm to read it (I used
> to be,
> but right now I am not.) This article describes his experiences using
> ISIS, an early process group library, to build some interesting
> systems.

A quick search on scholar.google.com turned up a free version:

http://scholar.google.com/url?sa=U&q=http://historical.ncstrl.org/tr/
ps/cornellcs/TR99-1726.ps

You can also view it in HTML if you don't have a post script viewer
(it is built into Apple Preview), but the images don't show up:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?
num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=cache:Fri1iJMdcxUJ:historical.ncstrl.org/
tr/ps/cornellcs/TR99-1726.ps+

-dain