geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reference question
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:15:42 GMT
The configId and parentId go in geronimo plans, not in the spec
deployment descriptors.  It looks like you have put them in web.xml
rather than the geronimo plan for your web app: I think one of your
mails indicated you had already fixed a corresponding problem for
your ejb app?

david jencks

On Jan 24, 2006, at 9:31 PM, Stein Kråbøl wrote:

> I see what you mean, but this is now the errormessage:
>
>  Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: cvc-complex-type.3.2.1:
>  Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed): configId in element
>  web-app@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee, error:
>  cvc-complex-type.3.2.1: Attribute not allowed (no wildcards
>  allowed): parentId in element
>  web-app@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee]
> Is ther someting with the deployment of the EJB when it's not possible
> to se the classes in Geronimo filesystem?
> Stein
>
> David Jencks writes:
>> According to our deployer the actual plan you are deploying has a
>> typo, parentid (lower case i) instead of parentId (upper case I)
>> hope this helps
>> david jencks On Jan 24, 2006, at 8:52 PM, Stein Kråbøl wrote:
>>> Thank you for your response! The error now is:
>>> C:\web\geronimo-1.0\bin>deploy --user system --password manager
>>> deploy c:\project\my-webapp\target\my-webapp-1.0.war
>>>   Error: Unable to distribute my-webapp-1.0.war: Unable to load
>>> first
>>>   parent of configuration MyWebApp-1.0
>>>       No configuration with id: test-ebj-1.0.1
>>> Header of web.xml:
>>> web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>>>        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>        xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>>>        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
>>>        version="2.4">
>>> When I put configId and parentID here I got error when deployd:
>>>  Error: Unable to distribute my-webapp-1.0.war: xml problem
>>>      Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: cvc-complex-type.3.2.1:
>>>  Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed): parentid]
>>>  Descriptor: <xml-fragment configId="MyWebApp-1.0"
>>>  parentid="test-ebj-1.0.1"
>>>  xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
>>>  xmlns:jet="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/jetty-1.0">
>>> It is here I have:
>>>   <ejb-ref>
>>>       <ejb-ref-name>ejb/BCalcREJB</ejb-ref-name>
>>>       <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
>>>       <home>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculatorHome</home>
>>>       <remote>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculator</remote>
> [...]
>>> xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
>>> xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
>>> xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
>>> inverseClassloading="false"