geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Phani Madgula <phanibalaji.madg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to connect to LDAP server on Geronimo from an LDAP client?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:35:29 GMT
Hi Hernan,

Thanks for the link. It is quite helpful & informative.

I did similar operations, as specified in my previous mail, by deploying the
sample application given in the article.

I added a new user user3/pass123 in "ou=users, ou=system" in Directory
server, and in geronimo-web.xml I added the user3 in role mappings

     <role-mappings>
            <role role-name="content-administrator">

              <realm realm-name="ldap-realm">

<principal class="
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoGroupPrincipal"
              name="admin" designated-run-as="true"/>
<principal class="
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
              name="system"/>
<principal class="
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
              name="user3"/>

                </realm>

             </role>

             <role role-name="guest">
                <realm realm-name="ldap-realm">
<principal class="
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoGroupPrincipal"
                  name="guest" designated-run-as="true"/>
<principal class="
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
                 name="user1"/>
<principal class="
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
                  name="user2"/>
                </realm>
            </role>

        </role-mappings>

I used Jxplorer LDAP client to create the new user users3. When I provide
password in PLAIN format which uses BASE64 encoding through LDAP client, the
application is authenticating successfully. When I store it in MD5, the
authentication is failing for user3.

Any issue while using MD5 ?

thanks
phani