geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo build question
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:59:37 GMT
On 1/11/06, Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/06, Rob Kenworthy <rkenworthy@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > The errors I am getting are unsatisfied class dependencies for a file called
> > GenerateServiceXml.java. The dependencies are actually in one of the maven
> > jars, but it doesn't seem to be in the classpath. I did try renaming the
> > file to ...java.bak and ran it again. It got much further, but other class
> > compilations depend on GenerateServiceXml.java, so it blew up again.
>
> Last night I was fighting the same error. The GenerateServiceXml class
> is part of the geronimo-dependency-plugin for Maven so it's got
> something to do with that.
>
> Before building the Geronimo source code, you need to build all of the
> Geronimo plugins for Maven by hand. These plugins are in the plugins
> directory and can be built by simply running the default goal for each
> plugin.

Damn, I guess I cursed myself by sending this before my build was
finished because it still failed with the same error:

<dependency:generateServiceXml> Unresolved compilation problem:

I'm still digging and will follow up as and when I figure it out.

Bruce
);'

Apache Geronimo (http://geronimo.apache.org/)

Castor (http://castor.org/)