geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reference question
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:10:07 GMT

On Jan 24, 2006, at 11:41 PM, Stein Kråbøl wrote:

> Can somebody please send me a simple workable ear (+ source) with a
> simple
> web app that I can deploy on my server. In this way I will
> understand that
> Geronimo is a great server and that I can recommend it to my
> customers.
> Without that I am afraid my last week has been useless, working
> almost day and night trying to understand how Geronimo works (I've
> learned a lot though...). I am an 6 years java developer and I just
> happend to have this time available this days, and I have 24 hours
> left before I must decide which server I am going to use. Help me
> out... lets grow together...
> It's over midnight here in Norway. I'll stay awake for a little
> while...

Have you looked at the applications shipped with geronimo?  The
applications themselves are mostly in applications/, and the plans
used to deploy them are in configs/.  These go from trivial (welcome)
to easy (servlet and jsp examples from Tomcat) to medium (web
console) and full featured (daytrader).

If you want to deploy these on the command line you need to either
undeploy the existing copies or use the redeploy command.  I would
recommend simply checking out geronimo source and building, but you
can also get the pre-built apps from cvs.apache.org/repository/
geronimo/ears [wars].  I think we planned to ship the deployment
plans with geronimo but I'm not sure they made it into the distro.
You can certainly get them from svn.

thanks
david jencks

> Stein Kråbøl
> Stein Kråbøl writes:
>> The only place I can see this entry (my-webapp.1.0) is in the web.xml
>> displayname:
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTR-8"?>
>> <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>>        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>        xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>>        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
>>        version="2.4">  <display-name>my-webapp-1.0</display-name>
>>   <ejb-ref>
>>       <ejb-ref-name>ejb/BCalcREJB</ejb-ref-name>
>>       <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
>>       <home>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculatorHome</home>
>>       <remote>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculator</remote>
>>   </ejb-ref>
>> Doing deploy with geronimo-web.xml on the commandline:C:\web
>> \geronimo-1.0\bin>deploy --user system --password manager deploy c:
>> \projec
>> t\my-webapp\target\my-webapp-1.0.war c:\project\my-webapp\src\main
>> \webapp\WEB-IN
>> F\geronimo-web.xml
>>   Error: Unable to distribute my-webapp-1.0.war: Could not find an
>> EJB
>>   for reference ejb/BCalcREJB to a remote session  bean that has the
>>   home interface com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculatorHome and the
>>   remote interface com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculator
>> I beleave the EJB is not deploy properly.  Stein Aaron Mulder writes:
>>> I'm confused -- the geronimo-web.xml that you show has a configId of
>>> "MyWebApp-1.0" but the error is for a module called "my-
>>> webapp-1.0"...
>>>  Are you sure you're using the geronimo-web.xml that you think you
>>> are?  Have you tried passing both the WAR file and the
>>> geronimo-web.xml on the command line to the deploy tool?  I
>>> wouldn't rule out the possibility that we have a problem in the
>>> class loader we using while validating EJB references, but so far I
>>> don't think I'm convinced that the problem isn't with the plans and
>>> deployment and so on.  Thanks,

JAR

Error

to work