geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where is the openejb-jar.xml in the daytrader example jar?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:10:21 GMT

On Jan 16, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Tobias Mueller wrote:

> I've looked for a good example of the openejb-jar.xml. I've browsed
> trough the daytrader example.
> There is no openejb-jar.xml in the daytrader-ejb-1.0.jar? Is it not
> mandantory?

It might depend on what you mean by mandatory.  I strongly recommend
using an external plan to deploy applications on any j2ee 1.4 app
server.  A geronimo ear plan contains sections for the modules inside
the ear: for an ejb module that would be in the openejb-jar schema.
We do try to deploy without a plan, but daytrader ejbs certainly need
one :-)

Look in configs/daytrader-*/src/plan/plan.xml

thanks
david jencks