geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: remote-deploy
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:17:11 GMT
On 1/30/06, Cristian Roldan <roldancer@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> hi all,
>    What is this URL http://HOSTNAME:8080/remote-deploy ?
> Is this URL used when we deploy a module on a remote Geronimo server ?
> deploy --uri xxxx

Yes, though I'd encourage you to use --host and --port instead of
--uri.  When you dpeloy to a remote server we need both the RMI port
(1099) and a web port (HTTP or HTTPS, normally 8080) available on the
remote server, and the remote-deploy app needs to be running.  The
deployment API has some logic to try to calculate whether any
particular host you give it is in fact a remote one, and it will only
use the remote-deploy mechanism if it determines that it doesn't
resolve to a local IP.

Thanks,
    Aaron