geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Reference question
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:36:01 GMT
I'm confused -- the geronimo-web.xml that you show has a configId of
"MyWebApp-1.0" but the error is for a module called "my-webapp-1.0"...
 Are you sure you're using the geronimo-web.xml that you think you
are?  Have you tried passing both the WAR file and the
geronimo-web.xml on the command line to the deploy tool?

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that we have a problem in the
class loader we using while validating EJB references, but so far I
don't think I'm convinced that the problem isn't with the plans and
deployment and so on.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 1/24/06, Stein Kråbøl <steinkr@tellussoft.com> wrote:
> [...]
> still with:
>    <ejb-ref>
>        <ejb-ref-name>ejb/BCalcREJB</ejb-ref-name>
>        <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
>        <home>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculatorHome</home>
>        <remote>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculator</remote>
>    </ejb-ref>
>  --------------------------------------------------
> geronimo-web.xml:
> ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTR-8"?>
> <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
>         xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
>         configId="MyWebApp-1.0"
>         parentId="test-ejb-1.0.1">
>  --------------------------------------------------
> openejb-jar.xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <openejb-jar
>  xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.0"
>  xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
>  xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
>  xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
>  xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
>  inverseClassloading="false"
>  configId="test-ejb-1.0.1">
>  --------------------------------------------------
> ejb-jar.xml:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTR-8"?>
> <ejb-jar xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>    http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd"
>    version="2.1">
>  --------------------------------------------------
> What about my other question: files in geronimo after deploing?
> Stein
>
> Aaron Mulder writes:
>
> > Your ejb-jar.xml should not have a configId or parentId -- those are
> > Geronimo tags.  So that's causing the error below, and removing that
> > stuff from ejb-jar.xml should fix it.
> >
> > Your openejb-jar.xml correctly has configId="test-ejb-1.0.1" -- that's good.
> >
> > However, your geronimo-web.xml has parentid="test-ebj-1.0.1" -- as
> > David pointed out this should be parentId not parentid, and also the
> > value should be test-ejb-1.0.1 (to match the configId in
> > openejb-jar.xml) and not test-ebj-1.0.1 (which does not match
> > anything!).
> >
> > Thanks,
> >    Aaron
> >
> > On 1/24/06, Stein Kråbøl <steinkr@tellussoft.com> wrote:
> >> I see what you mean, but this is now the errormessage:
> >>
> >>   Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: cvc-complex-type.3.2.1:
> >>   Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed): configId in element
> >>   web-app@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee, error:
> >>   cvc-complex-type.3.2.1: Attribute not allowed (no wildcards
> >>   allowed): parentId in element
> >>   web-app@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee]
> >> Is ther someting with the deployment of the EJB when it's not possible
> >> to se the classes in Geronimo filesystem?

The
Reference in
 If  the

with Remote