geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: JMS Resources under web-app
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:48:45 GMT
Oh dear, I need simpler examples I guess.  Though I am trying to
streamline the JMS chapter as we speak -- I just need to get the
console portlet done for it.  :)

Anyway, for the most portable approach, you should have both the
ActiveMQ RAR and the plan in your EAR, and then your application.xml
should have a reference to the RAR and your geronimo-application.xml
should have a reference to the RAR and the plan.  Something like:

META-INF/application.xml:
<application
       xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
       http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd"
       version="1.4">
    <module>
        <web>
            <web-uri>my-web-app.war</web-uri>
            <context-root>/my-web-app</context-root>
        </web>
    </module>
    <module>
        <connector>activemq-ra-3.2.1.rar</connector>
    </module>
</application>

META-INF/geronimo-application.xml:
<application
      xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.0"
      configId="MyApplication">
    <module>
        <connector>activemq-ra-3.2.1.rar</connector>
        <alt-dd>jms-resource-plan.xml</alt-dd>
    </module>
</application>

EAR contents:
/my-web-app.war
/activemq-ra-3.2.1.rar
/jms-resource-plan.xml
/META-INF/application.xml
/META-INF/geronimo-application.xml

Finally, note that Chaoter 7 (JMS resource) in my book has not been
updated to 1.0 yet so the syntax in the plan is a bit off.  The most
important thing would be (satrt with, say, Example 7.2) to change the
parentId to geronimo/activemq-broker/1.0/car instead of the one that
starts with org/apache.

Thanks,
    Aaron